Thursday, January 3, 2013

Don't Give Up On Me


"It's Called Love" 

"Nobody planned this 
Nobody knew
What was going through our heads 
To cause this madness 
I carved your name into a bullet 
So everyone could know that you were 
The last thing going through my head 
I would rip my heart out 
And wrap it up in a box 
Tied with a ribbon 
To give to you 
I carved your name on the blade 
So everyone could know that you were 
The one who brought me to this fate 
The only reason why I've made it this far 
Is because I know that tomorrow 
I get to see you 
To hear your voice ringing in my ears 
There is always that one person 
That I can never forget 
That person is you 
You may just be 
A person to the world 
But you are 
The world to me 
There were once images 
But slowly 
Words started to attach 
Your name echoes throughout my head 
When I look into your eyes 
I feel like that I'm safe 
Feel like that I can trust you 
Should I smile? 
Should I cry? 
Or should I just die? 
Love planted itself into my heart 
Though, it shall never be requited 
Just the feeling of it is good enough 
But it would be great if was requited."

I found this while looking for something I heard a long time ago. Actually, something I read about 3 years ago that I can't seem to find again. One day, I was browsing through google and I stumbled upon someone's blog. I don't remember the whole thing and I really wish I could, but basically it said something about "she wrote his name on the bullet so everyone would know he was the last thing that went through her head" and it talked about suicide in the most beautiful way. Which is hard to do because there's nothing beautiful about it. But he made it sound almost majestic and I can only dream that one day I'll be able to write like that. Another thing I read one time, I think in a book, maybe 13 Reasons Why or The Knife of Never Letting Go. And it was about giving up. "What it all comes down to, is me...giving up...on me, so please don't give up on me." I just wish I knew how the whole thing went.

No comments:

Post a Comment