Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Love Story

"Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel."


A Walk to Remember has got to be my all time favorite love story. Some people like The Notebook or Pearl Harbor, and although they are touching movies, they are not great love stories. Of the following, which would you pick?

  1. An rich girl and a poor boy fall in love, the girl gets sent away by her parents, and ends up falling for someone else. Years later, they see each other again, and the man has done everything to prove his unconditional love for him, but she can't decide between him and the security of her rich fiance. Eventually, they get together and grow old but she can't remember him, but he never gives up on her.
  2. A Navy boy and a normal girl fall in love. He ends up a POW during Pearl Harbor, she thinks he's dead and ends up sleeping with his best friend. She gets pregnant. Then the best friend dies, and the first guy comes back. And even though she's pregnant with his dead best friend's child, they still end up together.
  3. A reverend's daughter and a delinquent boy fall in love after he's forced to participate in the school play. After falling in love, he finds out she has leukemia, but sticks by her side through all of it, helps her complete as much of her 'bucket list' as he can, and even marries her before she dies because it's her last wish. 
Personally, I'd pick number 3. However, for a long time I wondered what the best love story of all time was. Was it one of these? Or could it even have been one of those classic Disney tales I loved so much as a kid? Or even the classes novel, A Love Story? But then I realized, the greatest love story, is the one you get to write yourself. The one that you personally get to live and breathe and feel with every ounce of your being.

The greatest love story is your own. You just have to be brave enough to write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment